23.1 C
Tura

Meghalaya-Assam Border row: 95% of Langpih Sector wants to remain in Meghalaya

Must read

Murder most foul in Garo Hills- Jealous lover murders girlfriend and buries body in jungle

Tura, June 26: In a chilling murder that has all the hallmarks of a psychopathic killer from a suspense thriller, a young 19 year...

Shillong Premier League: Rangdajied United put one past Ryntih

Shillong, June 25: Rangdajied United FC edged Ryntih SC 1-0 in the eighth match of the OC Blue Shillong Premier League 2021-22 at Third Ground, Polo,...

MSL Season 3 coming in Oct; MFA announces launch of new Youth Leagues

Shillong, June 25: The Meghalaya Football Association (MFA) on Saturday announced that the third edition of the Meghalaya State League (MSL) will begin in October...

137 Toppers of class 10 & 12 from Assam & Meghalaya felicitated & awarded by USTM

Khanapara, June 25: In its traditional gesture of inspiring, recognizing and honouring brilliant students, the University of Science and Technology Meghalaya in association with...

Shillong, June 23: Thirty-Nine villages of the Langpih Sector has signed a joined memorandum to appeal to the government that all the 39 villages has supported the decision to remain with the state of Meghalaya.

As a second phase of the boundary settlement between the Meghalaya and Assam is happening soon the MDC of Rambrai Jyrngam, Bajop Pyngrope along with the Himas, Sordar and village headmens met with the Deputy Chief Minister, Prestone Tynsong on Thursday to submit the signed memorandum of these 39 villages.

“As 39 of the villages has signed the joined memorandum where they have stated that they have support to be in Meghalaya so it will be very easy for the Regional Committee to decide when it go for the field visits….39 villages which terms to 95% of the population has agreed in one voice to be in Meghalaya”, said MDC Bajop.

With Langpih being the most sensitive border areas, Bajop Pyngrope assured that the 95 percent population of the Langpih section have agreed to be part of the Meghalaya State and the 5 percent remaining still have to decided.

“20 Khasi villages and 19 Garo villages has decided to be in Meghalaya….Langpih is complicated but if 95% of the residence of the sector has decided so it be hard for the Regional Committee to take the call as they have to go with the majority and yes with the remaining 5% we are working on how to convinced them to support the decision to be in Meghalaya”, he added.

Pyngrope also informed that apart of the 39 villages which constitute 95 percent of the population, the remaining 5 percent population, constitute community group of Hajong, Rabha and Nepali.

People from these 39 villages have given up the Assam EPIC and hopefully the 5 percent of the population willingly agree joined together to be part of Meghalaya and Pyngrope added that once they agreed to joined in, it will be easy for the regional committee to collect data and make a decision on their field visit.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article

Murder most foul in Garo Hills- Jealous lover murders girlfriend and buries body in jungle

Tura, June 26: In a chilling murder that has all the hallmarks of a psychopathic killer from a suspense thriller, a young 19 year...

Shillong Premier League: Rangdajied United put one past Ryntih

Shillong, June 25: Rangdajied United FC edged Ryntih SC 1-0 in the eighth match of the OC Blue Shillong Premier League 2021-22 at Third Ground, Polo,...

MSL Season 3 coming in Oct; MFA announces launch of new Youth Leagues

Shillong, June 25: The Meghalaya Football Association (MFA) on Saturday announced that the third edition of the Meghalaya State League (MSL) will begin in October...

137 Toppers of class 10 & 12 from Assam & Meghalaya felicitated & awarded by USTM

Khanapara, June 25: In its traditional gesture of inspiring, recognizing and honouring brilliant students, the University of Science and Technology Meghalaya in association with...

Siju finally gets aid delivered by Indian Air Force

Baghmara, June 25: The Indian Air Force has finally been successful in landing at Siju village of South Garo Hills on Saturday to deliver...