Tura, July 1: As the monsoon season brings in heavy rains to the state, which have helped lower the temperatures, it has also at the same time increased the water levels in streams and rivers. In light of the recent drowning in South Garo Hills and elsewhere in the region, the East Garo Hills district has issued advisory in the interest of public safety and security.
In the advisory, Superintendent of Police, East Garo Hills noted that during monsoon season, the East Garo Hills district has witnessed many drowning incidents.
Following are the advisory given to the general public:
• Avoid venturing to the rivers / streams / waterfalls or any water bodies for adventure sports, fishing, swimming, boating and other riverine activities during bad weather.
• Never allow children, minors or persons with epileptic / seizure history to go unattended / alone to any water body / rivers / streams for any activity.
• Be aware of the weather forecast and watch out for bad weather alerts.
• The residents of the places near the banks of rivers and streams should remain extra alert during monsoon and watch out for rising water levels / flash floods.
• Ensure own safety before helping others.
• In case of emergency, contact 100 / 112 and Police Control Room @ 8794765696, 6009841060.
Find latest news from every corner of Northeast India at hubnetwork.in, your online source for breaking news, video coverage.
Also, Follow us on-
Youtube channel- www.youtube.com/@NortheastMediaHub2020