32.7 C
Tura
spot_img

Lok Sabha Polls Third Phase: Clash erupts between two groups in Mankachar polling booth of Dhubri

Must read

Guwahati, May 7: As the third phase of elections is underway, clashes broke out between two groups at a polling booth in Mankachar in Assam’s Dhubri Lok Sabha seat.

According to reports, the incident took place at No. 158 polling booth in Kathalbari where a chaotic scene happened outside the booth.

Security officials were immediately rushed to the polling station to manage the situation.

Despite inclement weather in Dhubri, voters were seen queuing up to cast their votes.

AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal, Congress candidate Rakibul Hussain and AGP-BJP candidate Zabed Islam are the key candidates from Dhubri LS seat.

The constituency embodies a diverse fabric with Muslims constituting 55 % Hindus 40% and other religious groups comprising 5 % of the population.

With a total of 1,353,952 eligible voters, comprising 1,289,451 males and 264,340 females, the constituency reflects a substantial rural majority, accounting for 89% of its geographical expanse, with the remaining 11% clarified as urban areas.

Dhubri Lok Sabha seat consists of 11 assembly segments viz. Golokganj, Dhubri, Birsing Jarua, Gauripur, Bilasipara, Mankachar, Jaleswar, Goalpara East, Srijangram, Mandia, and Chenga.

Dhubri Lok Sabha seat registered 27.77 % voter turnout till 11 am.

spot_img

More articles

spot_img
-->

Latest article