The State Cabinet on Friday approved the Contingency Fund of Meghalaya (Amendment) Ordinance, 2024 for increasing the contingency fund to Rs 1000 crore.
Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma on Wednesday said the State government is waiting for a positive response from the Centre with regards to the medical students from Meghalaya, who are affected due to the situation in Manipur.
The state Cabinet on Tuesday approved the Meghalaya Taxi Aggregator Operational Rules to regulate the two-wheeler taxi aggregators operating in the state.
In order to give a further boost to the tourism sector, Lyngdoh also announced the government’s decision to bring some of the major projects which include Orchid Lake Resort, Polo Orchid Shillong under the joint venture mode and said there will be signing of agreement between the government and private players based on their expertise in hospitality and tourism.
In a press statement, Joint Secretary to the Government of Meghalaya in-charge Forest and Environment Department, said action had already been initiated against the illegal coke plats in December 2022 by shutting down the illegal plants and initiate the process of dismantling the bee-hive coke ovens to ensure that they do not become operational again.
The Education Minister assured that the government is determined to expedite the process, with the goal of completing the recruitment within two months.
He also said that the Meghalaya government have requested GoI to consider to set up CUET centres in all 12 (twelve) Districts of Meghalaya in the institutions which possess adequate infrastructure and testing facilities for CUET examination.
“We have instructed all the district administrations to be ready to update themselves on how many people reach our state in different places and how many days they have been here and when they are going back,” Tynsong told reporters.
The decision was taken after a meeting was held between the fisheries department and the associations of fish farmers and fish wholesalers and retailers.