29.8 C
Tura
spot_img

Fire breakout causes gas explosion in Williamnagar

Must read

Williamnagar, Jan 14: Inmates of a house in Williamanagar narrowly escaped a fire and a gas explosion that took place on Thursday evening at around 6 PM.

The cause of the fire was attributed to a poor electrical connection in the kitchen located outside the main house.

The fire caused the gas cylinder left inside the kitchen to blast sending the family members to run for cover.

According to East Garo Hills superintendent of Police Bruno A Sangma, the fire started in a kitchen of a house at Balsrigittim locality of Williamnagar town late in the evening.
“The fire started due to the electrical wiring which caused the blaze. However, our fire and emergency teams rushed to the site and brought it under control before more damage could take place” said the SP.

Several thousand rupees worth of property is said to have been destroyed in the blaze.

spot_img

More articles

spot_img
-->

Latest article