28.8 C

Teen injured from electrocution

Must read

Tura, Dec 11: In a shocking incident a young teenage boy almost lost his life and is now under treatment for serious injuries after he accidentally touched a high-powered line in Gasuapara South Garo Hills border area on Friday.

According to police, the tragedy took place at a village called Rangmal which is administered under Dimapara police station of Gasuapara.

Master Nagar R Marak, aged just 15 years, s/o Harin M Sangma, of village Rangmai had climbed a very high betelnut tree in his compound to pluck the fruit when he did not see that there was an electric line flowing with electricity touching the tree.

As he reached out to pluck the betel nuts his hand touched the live wire. It sent a powerful electric shock and he was flung from the tree and fell into the ground sustaining grievous injuries.

He has been brought to Tura civil hospital with serious injuries and currently under medical treatment.

Electrocution cases are rising in Garo Hills since the last few years and most cases have ended in the death of the victim. Those who manage to survive are left crippled and handicapped from the injuries. Shockingly, no official or employee of the power corporation MeECL or its distribution and transmission department has ever had any action taken for the glaring human negligence.


More articles


Latest article